WINONA, MINNESOTA, USA – RTP Company, a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics, announces the launch of their sheet division: Engineered Sheet Products™, also known as ESP™. This dedicated team applies over 30+ years of thermoplastic compounding expertise into the manufacturing of specialty engineered thermoplastic sheet.
Whether you require thermoplastic sheet made from high-tech compounds or unmodified resins, the ESP™ team can deliver, with sheet ranging in thicknesses from 0.020” to 0.250”, widths from 8” to 56″ and lengths up to 96″ (8 feet). Popular sheet base resins include ABS, Acrylic, PEEK, PETG, Polycarbonate, and Polypropylene. Specialty sheet products can be compounded with additives to provide any number of properties, such as anti-static, flame retardant, light diffusion, and/or reinforced structural grades.
Quick turn-around times are a high priority. Standard products ship from inventory. Stocking programs are available to repeat customers.
A sampling of available grades include:
- ABS Sheet that is both FR and permanent, non-migratory Anti-Static. This ABS Sheet is UL 94 V-0 and has a Surface Resistivity of 1E8 – 9.9E9 ohm/sq. (# ESP™ 699 X 105783)
- Acrylic Sheet that is transparent, permanent, non-migratory Anti-Static with a Surface Resistivity of 1E9 – 1E11 ohm/sq. (# ESP™ 1899 X 79943 EG)
- PEEK Sheet with an HDT of >500°F@66psi. PEEK has excellent mechanical and chemical properties that are retained at high temperatures. (# ESP™ 2299 X 111427) Note: glass, carbon, and ceramic filled available.
- PETG Sheet that is permanent – non-migratory Anti-Static with a Surface Resistivity of 1E10 – 9.9E11 ohm/sq. (# ESP™ 1199 A X 123257 EG)
- Polycarbonate Sheet that is colored – transparent that exhibits light diffusing properties. (# ESP™ 300 3108)
- Polypropylene Sheet that is 30% Glass reinforced that offers an excellent 10,000 psi Tensile strength and a 700,000 psi Flex Modulus. (# ESP™ 105)
A wide range of other resins and additives are available.
Typical customer manufacturing techniques include thermoforming, compression molding, machining and flat stock assembly.